Yoga is a type of exercise in which you move your body into various positions in order to become more fit or flexible, to improve your breathing, and to relax your mind.Yoga was spiritual development practices to train the body and mind to self observe and become aware of their own nature. The purposes of yoga were to cultivate discernment, awareness, self-regulation and higher consciousness in the individual.Both Buddhists and Hindus chant the sacred mantra ‘Om’ during their meditation. But what is the meaning of ‘om’ ? the word om is a sacred sound and a spiritual symbol in Indian religions. It signifies the essence of the ultimate reality, consciousness or Atman. More broadly, it is a syllable that is chanted either independently or before a spiritual recitation in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. Om is part of the iconography found in ancient and medieval era manuscripts, temples, monasteries
Surya namaskar helps in improving posture and provides strength to the muscles. Surya namaskar assists in stimulating every system of the body. It strengthens the heart, keeps the nervous system in place and makes the digestive system strong
- Surya namaskar is highly beneficial if you want to lose weight.
- It helps in improving posture and provides strength to the muscles.
- Surya namaskar assists in stimulating every system of the body. It strengthens the heart, keeps the nervous system in place and makes the digestive system strong.
- Surya namaskar regulates your body, removes your stress and helps you in getting sound sleep.
- All the glands function properly with the Surya namaskar.
- Avoid Surya namaskar if you have back pain.
- Do not do Surya namaskar if you are pregnant. Also avoid it during menses.
- People suffering from blood pressure, arthritis, slip disc and hernia must not perform this asana. It is better to consult your doctor if you suffer from any other kind of ailment.
- In case your breathing goes faster than normal, then either take rest or do not perform Surya namaskar that day.
Yoga’s incorporation of meditation and breathing can help improve a person’s mental well-being. “Regular yoga practice creates mental clarity and calmness; increases body awareness; relieves chronic stress patterns; relaxes the mind; centres attention; and sharpens concentration,”